Vacancy: Transport Manager
Our client is a provider of superior services in the cleaning, gardening and related services in the cleaning industry in the country.
Since their inception, they have managed to establish a foot print in the market and consequently boast of a fairly varied client base.
They are customer oriented and their costs are fairly reasonable.
They are currently operating from Nairobi but plans are at advanced stage to expand their services beyond Nairobi.
Job Purpose / Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Managing Director, family and employees by providing safe competent driving services locally and on frequent fieldwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide transport to the Managing Director and MD’s family members
- Transportation of colleagues on work related business
- Ensuring the team vehicle is safe and complies with all safety regulations of the country
- Undertake routine checks on the vehicle including cooling, oil, electrical, brake systems and tyre pressure
- Advising of any repairs and upkeep to the vehicle, e.g. tyres, servicing, etc
- Ensuring that passengers in the vehicle adhere to safety precautions, e.g. use of seatbelts
- Delivery of equipment, material to respective sites countrywide as assigned when MD’s schedule allows
- If necessary, carrying out general office duties, e.g. filing, photocopying, printing, post, typing reports and leaflets etc.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner adhering to local and legal requirements
- Flexible enough to work on weekends
- Any other duty assigned from time to time by the Managing Director
- KCSE Certificate
- Kenya driving license
- 2 – 3 years’ solid experience driving in Nairobi as a personal driver
- Experience of working with people from different national backgrounds
- Knowledge of the driving safety laws and regulations of Kenya
- Good geographical knowledge of Nairobi and the wider country
- Demonstrate a confident, enthusiastic, positive and energetic approach, with a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Willing to work long hours
- Ability to multi task
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Salary Budget: Kshs. 20,000 Gross
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 19th December 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.