We are looking for a Travel Consultant with great enthusiasm for our client, a leading online travel company in Africa.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
You will be responsible for promoting and booking traveling arrangements for clients (individuals or businesses).
The goal is to enhance satisfaction and acquire an expanding and dedicated clientele.
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps and event programs)
- Collect deposits and balances
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends
- Create and update electronic records of clients
- Maintain relationships with key persons
- Keep financial statements and documents
- Reach the revenue and profit targets
- At least 2 years of experience as a travel consultant
- Excellent knowledge of traveling software (computer reservations systems and e-travel)
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented approach
- Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual)
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Demonstrable ability to handle crises
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field
- Female candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred
Interested candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Travel Consultant’ on the subject line.
Applications to be received by 31st December 2016.
Do not attach any certificates