Position: Butchery Manager
Industry: Retail, Kenya
Overall Purpose: Responsible for managing the Butchery’s Functions In Line With the Organization’s Operations and obtaining profitable results through the butchery team by developing them through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Produce Gross Margins by Ensuring compliance with all agreed sales targets and Gross Profit through Control of all expenses according to budget.
- Negotiate with representatives from supply companies to determine order details.
- Stock control – Estimate requirements and order or requisition meat supplies to maintain inventories and ensure quality of raw materials are purchased.
- Ranging & Costing Of All Products and Knowledge Of Block Test And Cuts Of Meat.
- Ability to classify and grade carcasses as per industry and market standards.
- Develop And Implement New meat Products – Cuts, trims, bones, ties, grinds meats Cuts, bones carcass and prime cuts.
- Full management of Butchery’s Functions and its production Schedules In Line With the Organization’s Operations.
- Management of butchery staff through optimal staffing, Training and mentoring.
- Ensure compliance of operations with relevant food safety legislation and labor legislation.
- The incumbent should be highly knowledgeable and exhibit competence on Health and Hygiene matters – HACCP.
- Day to day admin tasks related to Butchery department including resolve all customer complaints.
- Execute other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time as assigned by the Management.
- MSc. Food Safety and Quality
- Recognized Meat Training.
- Meat Cutting certificate.
- 6 – 8 Years Butchery experience.
- Retail experience in fresh foods department is an added advantage.
- Butchery Operations Is Essential
- Ability To Manage, Lead And Motivate A Team
- Innovative / Precise / Proactive / Responsible
- Be a self-starter and successfully managed a team of 70 – 80 people.
- Be able to achieve high standards in hygiene and customer service
- Be able to achieve gross profits by developing and growing sales while controlling expenses.
- Have basic computer skills excel, word, internet
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, meet the above minimum qualifications and experience send a One Word Document of your Application letter and CV ONLY and a daytime telephone contact to;
Recruitment-Enquiry@tuskys.com no later than December 8th, 2016 at 5:00pm.
NB: Use the position title as the subject of the email.