Contract Duration: Three Years
The Bookstore Manager shall report to the Chief Manager Commercial Operations
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning, organizing and managing bookstore activities
- Developing and implementing the store’s operating procedures
- Recommending appropriate related policies
- Preparing and managing yearly bookstore budgets
- Managing and maintaining the bookstore accounting records, training, supervising, and evaluating personnel
- Supervise staff in accounting functions and ordering books, supplies, and related merchandise; arrange advertising materials
- Oversee the planning, supervision, and maintenance of stock and inventory
- Prepare a variety of reports and correspondences, resolve client issues associated with merchandise
- Oversee the receipt and transfer of cash receipts to the proper office
- Decide in pricing merchandise; and ensure the store is profitable by increasing sales and keeping costs low
- Research and recommend programs, policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the bookstore function, including new software, internal controls, new electronic payment technologies, and customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum Five (5) years’ work experience as a Manager in a busy Commercial Operation.
- Strong Project Management/Organizational Skills.
- Commercial awareness/Business Acumen, Organizational and Planning Skills.
- Demonstrated supervision, working knowledge of retail accounting, purchasing, and inventory management and control required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential.
- Creative with an understanding of customer orientation
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download Here).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before December 30, 2016
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer. People with disability are encouraged to apply