Contract Duration: Three Years
Reporting to the Head of Hospitality, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analyze and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Create and execute plans for department sales, profit and staff development;
- Set budgets or agree them with senior management.
- Researching markets to identify new business
- Planning, coordinating the conference services, the restaurant and the outside catering business activities.
- Ensuring the restaurant, outside catering and conference services performance targets are met.
- Responsible for proper maintenance and storage of the restaurant equipment.
- Review of banquet events and outside catering orders to determine appropriate staffing levels
- Ensure high quality food is produced as per customer requirement, expectation and presentation.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene and safety is maintained.
- Ensure products and services meet the customer requirements.
- Implementation of the business plan and reporting.
- Setting of Performance targets, monitoring, coaching of staff to meet their performance targets.
- Ensure accountability and proper systems and controls are in place.
- Identification of staff training needs
- Collection of debts
- Ensuring compliance with the statutory obligations in the unit
- Undergraduate Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management or equivalent from accredited institution
- Five (5) years’ work experience in management of restaurants, banquets, conference and outside catering activities as a Restaurant and Conference/Banquets Manager or equivalent
- Good Organizational and Leadership Skills.
- Strong Customer Service Management.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours.
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download Here).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before December 30, 2016
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer. People with disability are encouraged to apply