Post Title: Volunteer Programme Officer
Contract Duration: 6 months
The Organization Background: The Global Villages Network Kenya (TGVNK) is a youth-led Organization that was founded in 2013 as a community-based organization after summer academy conference in Härnosänd, Sweden which was attended by youth leaders from different parts of the world.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the management of TGVNK assistance programmes in the form of project submissions, revisions and reallocations throughout the project lifecycle of needs assessments, project design, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation in order to fulfill the requirements of TGVNK Operations Management System;
- Ensure that the operations and the projects implemented under it adhere to the rules and regulations stipulated in the TGVNK Manual.
- Ensures proper financial control of projects through the analysis of sub-project monitoring reports (SPMR) and project monitoring reports (PMR) to verify that any disbursements are in accordance with project budgets
- Liaises with government ministries, implementing partners and other NGOs agencies as appropriate to obtain maximum benefit and efficient use of resources in the implementation of assistance programmes;
- Controls the implementation of sub-project agreements and any parts of projects directly implemented by TGVNK though appropriate financial and physical monitoring;
- Trains and provides guidance to TGVNK and implementing partner staff in programme management procedures, including the use of relevant computer applications;
- Undertakes missions within the geographical area of responsibility to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects.
- Undertakes other duties as required.
- Strategic Planning
- Managing Performance
- Coaching and Developing Staff
- Managing Resources
- Political and Organization Awareness
- Assessing beneficiary needs and availability of resources
- Monitoring and evaluating programs/projects
- Ensuring effective project financial control
- Facilitating programme delivery by implementing partners Implementing field operations
- Providing programming support and advice
- First University degree (BA/BSc.) in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science or
- Advanced University degree (MA/MSc.) in Economics, Business Administration, Social Science
- Diploma in Administration
- Humanitarian studies
- Accounting studies/qualifications
- Studies in logistics, project design, planning, social services, demographics/population
- Work experience in the humanitarian field and grand proposal writing
- Excellent knowledge of English and Kiswahili (or another UN official language)
- Knowledge of other languages an asset.
- Progressive managerial path/familiarity with standards of organization management
- Supervisory responsibility
- Ability to manage medium-sized programme/project under hardship field conditions
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets/resources/people
- Negotiating/diplomatic skills
- Ability to work with computers
- Demonstrated writing/drafting skills
- Good communication/inter-personal skills
- Ability to teach and train others
Submission of Applications:
The position title Volunteer Programme Officer should be indicated on the subject line.
Please submit your application (CV. cover letter. 3 references) to the attention of email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org, Killion.Odidi@globalvillagesnet.org)
The closing date is 30th December 2016
TGVNK is an equal opportunity employer, females are encouraged to apply.