Job Opportunity: Internal Audit Assistant
Background: VSF Germany is an international Non Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralist and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. In the region VSF Germany implements activities in Kenya, Sudan, Somalia, South Sudan, and Ethiopia.
We support in animal health and production, agriculture, marketing, food security and food safety and developing the capacity of communities and government institutions. In conflict zones we are initiating peace and conflict resolution.
VSF Germany is seeking to recruit a qualified and well experienced person to fill in the position of Internal Audit Assistant.
The position is based at the Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya, with frequent travel to project implementing locations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Delivery from planning to completion the program of work as set out in the internal audit plan as part of continuous auditing.
- Updating the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quarterly basis, reviewing resolved issues and preparing the quarterly status report in the set format for review by the internal auditor
- Assist in carrying out operational audits which evaluate and encourage compliance with prescribed organizational policies and procedures in order to promote operations efficiency.
- Assist in carrying out financial audits to check the accuracy and reliability of accounting records, safeguarding of company assets, and reports on the reliability of the VSF G’s financial statements.
- Assists with developing and performing testing of VSF G’s internal control environment related to the initiation, authorization, recording, processing, reporting and disclosure process of financial transactions and financial reporting to verify compliance with set guidelines and requirements.
- Carry out compliance audits which evaluate both VSF G’s and employee compliance with the regulations and rules of the countries of operation, rules governing NGOs, and other governing regulatory agencies.
- Assists with developing and performing testing of Special Study audits, which are performed upon request.
- This is an audit that takes place as a result of a report of unusual or suspicious activity on the part of a department or individual.
- Assists with developing and performing Fraud audits.
- Competently utilizes audit tools, techniques, and procedures in all assigned internal audit programs.
- Collect, analyze, interpret and document information which supports internal audit results. This includes presentation of clear, concise and timely working papers in line with international internal auditing standards for review by the internal auditor
- Make recommendations to VSF G management and suggest changes to the policy, procedure manuals, forms, processes, etc.
- Reports audit evaluations in the form of written audit reports to the Internal Auditor and Management. The timely delivery of professional written draft reports and practical value added recommendations on issues arising during audit work
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience, skills and knowledge requirements
- University degree in bachelors of commerce accounting option or any other related business degree
- Full membership of a recognized professional accountancy body
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in an audit environment (Experience in NGO audits and Projects Audit is an added advantage).
- Excellent technical audit and accounting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively at all levels
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the internal auditor to assess work done and matters to be reported
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of internal audit’s work
- A positive and flexible can do attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion
- Highly organized with strong organization and planning skills, ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assigned audits in line with the audit plan
The position Reports to the Internal Auditor and Compliance
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter indicating current pay and CV plus 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their full contacts to: via email address to HR & Administration, VSF Germany, or via Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate the job Title ‘ASSISTANT INTERNAL AUDITOR’ on the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is Monday, 2nd January 2017, before 12:00 am midnight.
Disclaimer: VSF Germany does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents