In efforts to build capacity and prepare for the scale-up phase Wanda is recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Distribution Officer
Regional Distribution Supervisor
Responsible for: Overall management of the county depot operations
Across Africa smallholder families are struggling to make more productive use of their farmland.
Most are currently unable to produce enough, either to feed their families an adequate nutritional diet, or to sell in the market and generate sufficient income to meet other needs.
Population growth exerts continuous pressure on arable land, resulting in family shamba sizes shrinking with each generation, and/or triggering local migration from densely populated high-potential agricultural zones into more marginal land in the semi-arid areas.
Whichever the scenario, they need the right technologies to grow more food more often, and to produce crops of higher nutritional and market value. Of particular concern – one of the topmost priorities –is the issue of soil health.
African farmland soils are badly depleted, due to continuous farming land not allowed to rejuvenate, which is worsened by nutrient mining without replenishing soil nutrients.
The smallholder‘s challenge is either to produce more food and more income from less and less land with rapidly deteriorating soils, or to turn drylands into productive farms. So the right technologies must include those which can restore and improve soil health and fertility.
Currently the most widely known and available technologies are inorganic fertilizers, which are not matched to the particular needs of specific soils or agro-economic zones. The lack of knowledge and access to organic fertilizers hinders farmers‘ uptake of sustainable agricultural practices.
In 2011 Wanda Agriculture was established to address these challenges and deliver along the triple bottom line – profit, people and planet.
Having completed its technology research and licensing phase, proof of concept stage and first half of its pilot phase, the company has split into two strategic units – Wanda Organic to produce effective soil and plant health solutions and Wanda Mobile to distribute the solutions and service the end user.
- County Depot – oversee daily operations as per Standard of Procedures (SOPs).
- Stock Management – maintaining and reconciling of stocks as per Standard of Procedures (SOPs).
- Agent network management – implement the recruitment, onboarding and relationship management of agents as per contracts.
- Logistics Management – implementing daily stock dispatch to agents as per quality assurance requirements.
- Reporting – provide daily reports as per the supervisor’s request.
- Customer complaint management – resolve customer complaints as per supervisor’s instructions.
Key Performance Measures
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Diploma in business administration, logistics and agriculture related Field
- Experience in stores management will be added advantage.
- Computer literate is a MUST.
Personal skills and attributes required
- Communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi‐task
- Work under pressure