Call for Expression of Interest to Consultancy to Facilitate Learning and Development of Youth Agenda’s Change Strategy
1.0 Background: Youth Agenda is a non profit, national youth Non-Governmental Organisation (N.G.O) founded in 1996 and with corporate membership drawn from fourteen youth organisations in select counties; Taita Taveta, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nairobi, Nyeri, Kericho, Isiolo, Machakos, Kakamega, Kwale and Mombasa.
The work of YAA has been motivated by the need to promote good governance, democracy and human rights where young people can enjoy human dignity like other members of the society.
It has remained focused on its mandate of championing youth issues in Kenya through capacity building, research/audit, public education, strategic linkages, advocacy and institutional strengthening of its four operational strategic areas: Leadership and Governance, Social and Economic Rights, Knowledge Generation and Management and Institutional Development and Governance.
Youth Agenda is inviting proposals from reputable organisations and individuals to enhance its capacity in development of an Impact and Change Strategy using the Theory of Change Approach.
The Objectives of the Organisation Learning and Development of Impact and Change Strategy are to:
- To deepen YAA competencies in theory of change approach to planning, reporting and monitoring project
- To facilitate the process of developing YAA Theory of Change as an input to Impact and 2017 -2022 Change Strategy
3.0 Scope of Work
The assignment will cover the following
1. Facilitating Youth Agenda and its member organisations strategy sessions on the Theory of Change approach to youth development ;
2. Reviewing 2011-2016 Strategy and its impact including but not limited to literature reviews, data collection as appropriate using different methods to gather knowledge to inform learning;
3. Conducting a Situational Analysis to;
3.1 Ascertain Gap Analysis,
3.2 Value Chain Analysis of YAA work,
3.3Strategic Analysis to identify YAA strategic imperative ( competitive advantage)
3.4 Situate emerging youth trends, initiatives and players in Kenya and globally
3.5 Undertake a mapping of the donor eco-system around youth programming aimed at generating knowledge on opportunities for consideration
4. Realigning Youth Agenda’s Vision, Mission, Value System and Interventions in order to serve the youth better through the 2017-2022 Change Strategy;
5. Facilitate the compilation of YAA Impact Report and Change Strategy through participatory approaches;