Duma works is recruiting a Somali-Swahili-English Interpreter for our client, Africa Yoga Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps facilitate successful delivery of services to linguistically diverse participants for Africa Yoga Project programmes.
- Selects appropriate mode of interpretation for each situation.
- Interprets with the highest degree of accuracy and completeness in consecutive, simultaneous and sight translation modes.
- Self-corrects, understands own linguistic limitations, seeks clarification and accepts correction.
- Practices active listening and picks up cues from encounter participants regarding level of understanding and/or need for clarification, as well as understanding of interpretation process.
- Understands language as an expression of culture, recognizes the underlying assumptions of each party about the encounter, its content and context; uses this understanding to empower both parties to better understand each other.
- Fluent in all the three languages; Somali, Swahili and English.
- At least 2 years’ experience as an interpreter.
- Willing to work on an hourly contract basis as will be agreed upon.
- Great communication skills.
Please forward your CV and quick summary (one paragraph) on why you’re interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2639”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2639 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.