The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa Bay Counties.
The Hospital seeks to recruit a professional for the following position:
Acute Care Unit Nurse
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Acute Care Unit In charge, the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by providing quality nursing services to meet the needs of critically ill patients and their families.
- Attend to Nursing critically ill patients
- Implement safe custody and correct administration of drugs
- Receive and hand over patients and communicate effectively to relevant departments on patients’ concerns and conditions
- Assess patient and family care needs for education on drug / treatment management and rehabilitation
- Participate actively in CNE / CME / Audits
- Provide a safe environment for patients by practicing best nursing practices and infection control practices.