The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa Bay Counties.
The Hospital seeks to recruit a professional for the following position:
Nurse In Charge – Maternity
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by planning, organizing and controlling nursing care services in the Maternity & MCH department while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to achieve quality nursing care.
- Coordinates patient care delivery
- Maintains orderly flow of admissions and discharges
- Perform regular rounds within the unit to ensure smooth operations
- Assesses patient care needs and monitors patient satisfaction.
- Addresses and resolves patients’ complaints in timely manner.
- Ensure adequate stocks are ordered, monitor usage, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions for variances identified.
- Identify staff training needs as well as organize for continuous nursing education.