Duma Works is recruiting a Finance Manager for one of our clients.
The client is a regional leader in trading agricultural commodities.
Overview: The Finance Manager will contribute to the day to day financial activities of the organization, and play a key role in adhering and implementing company financial policies.
The Finance Manager will be assigned ongoing responsibilities in finance, including bookkeeping, Quick-books transaction entries, report preparation, bank reconciliation, and others.
- Prepare and maintain accurate, timely financial records for the organization in accordance with standard accounting procedures
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial policies, procedures and control mechanisms
- Ensure all statutory remittance and reporting requirements of the organization are met
- Prepare all necessary information for annual returns and audits
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management and control
- Bank account reconciliation
- Manage cash flow and prepare in advance for cash flow needs
- Oversee bookkeeping and payroll functions
- Track and account for assets
- Contribute to financial systems implementation, budget preparations, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
- Help ensuring effective internal controls and minimizing risks
- Maintain books, record transactions via Quick-books, reconcile discrepancies
- Contribute to monthly close procedures, including bank reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports and oversight of company audits
- Maintain accurate records for all company transactions
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree (Finance or Accounting)
- CPA-K professional certification
Skills and Experience
- 5 years professional experience in similar or relevant roles
- Experience in the food industry is a big advantage
- Advanced skills in standard bookkeeping/accounting software(s)with particular reference to QuickBooks
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills, especially Excel
- Strong communication ability both written and verbal, able to train others
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
- Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the organization’s interests with suppliers and be a person of high integrity as well as team player
- Able to supervise a team, follow up on delegated tasks
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual development
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2607”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2607 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 13th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.