AIDS Healthcare Foundation is a global not for profit organization, that provides cutting – edge medicine and advocacy to more than 670,000 patients in 38 countries and is headquartered out of Los Angeles, California, USA.
Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement unparalleled programs in new communities globally, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over policy with the sole aim of saving more lives.
In Kenya, AHF-Kenya is located at the AHF Plaza on plot 123 3rd Parklands Avenue Nairobi, operating in nine counties and providing treatment for over 38,000 patients.
AHF-Kenya Country program wishes to recruit a dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individual to fill in the following post:
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Deputy Africa Bureau Chief
Job Summary: The Country Director is responsible for ensuring full support of AHF country program.
S(he) is responsible for strategically leading, directing, developing and managing all aspects of AIDS Healthcare Foundation’s (AHF) Kenya program, as an effective member of the AHF Africa Bureau leadership team.
The Country Director ensures that the AHF’s mission statement, core values, and key partnership standards and practices are the foundation of AHF’s strategies and work.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of the country program/health delivery systems.
- Serves as principal point of collaboration, leadership and expertise to both internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the mission, goals, objectives and work scope of the country program
- Provides managerial and technical oversight for AHF’S Kenya program, in collaboration with the Kenya County Government and other Partner Programs, which includes but is not limited to: capacity building, project logistics, security, finance and administration.
- Prepares and administers program budgets and strategic business plans. and evaluates financial program effectiveness.
- Generates regular country program reports for AHF Corporate Headquarters, AHF Global Secretariat, Africa Bureau Secretariat and donors as required.
- Serves as AHF’s representative of the country program with implementing partners, private and public agencies, national AIDS programs, and major donor agencies. Represents AHF at meetings with on HIV/AIDS issues, and maintains a wide- range of professional contacts with Government agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Participates in proposal preparation, in collaboration with AHF Corporate Headquarters, AHF Global Secretariat and Africa Bureau Secretariat, including field assessment, writing, and negotiations with donors, identification of partners, and preparation of proposals, logical frameworks, work plans, and detailed budgets.