Communications Assistant – Policy Engagement and Communications Division
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization that conducts high quality and policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a communications assistant to work in its Policy Engagement and Communications Division (PEC) for a period between three to six months.
- Organize images in shared drive (and PEC hard drives) in folders that are intuitive and chronological, and able to be used with and without watermark
- Organize all logos, watermarks, icons, vector logos, etc into a folder that is easily accessible and sharable
- Load all contacts into contact (program/issue specific?) database to start fresh in 2017
- Lead on the day-to-day part of the library overhaul and inventory management
- Support organization, management and inventory of printed products across the Center
- Develop a PEC mood board on Pinterest for looks, logos and ideas about print products
- Go through the online stylebook and make updates or additions based on what we identify as missing
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with a wide range and level of audience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as ability to work in a culturally diverse team.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org by January 19, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO,