Duma Works is recruiting an Assistant Electrical Technician for one of our clients.
Manufacturer of PVC Cables & Copper Wires and a retreader of tyres for commercial trucks.
- Responsible for performing scheduled (preventive) and non-scheduled machine maintenance in order to maximize machine productivity and minimize production downtime.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with Company policy and relevant legislation
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- In consultation with the Maintenance in-charge or spares in-charge, preparation of spares requisition
- Carrying out of Electrical maintenance on machines
- Carrying out repairs and installations of lighting and related matters in the company premises
- Ensuring that the working environment around machines is safe in relation to electrical installations and good housekeeping standards are kept.
- Ensure that Electrical test instruments and tools are safely kept at all times
- Any other duties as directed by the Top Management from time to time.
- Minimum KCSE and Artisan Trade Test (Electrical) qualification or a Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Candidates should have proven work history of at least two (2) years in the maintenance of electrical systems in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Candidates should be familiar with working in a Good Manufacturing Practice environment
- Ability to trouble-shoot and correct electrical issues, in an effective and timely manner, with a sense of urgency to minimize equipment downtime as a particular goal.
- Ability to determine the root cause of electrical issues using proven problem solving technique
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret technical data, and electrical procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and answer queries
- Computer Literate
- Resident of Mombasa County
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2625”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2625 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 24th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. The Duma Works team will be out on holiday leave until Jan. 3rd so please be patient when waiting to hear back with results on the initial test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.