An upcoming accounting and auditing firms in Thika, serving individual and corporate clients in various sectors.
They seek to hire an Audit Assistant who is detail oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute audit assistant functions to check the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
- Verify and inspect accounts receivable and payable ledgers and general ledger for its accuracy.
- Check, inspect and reconcile bank deposits and payments.
- Study, inspect and assess, budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements and records.
- Review and recommend changes in internal audit controls.
- Check and verify accounting books and records are in conformity with industry practices and corporate policies.
- Ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines and generally accepted auditing standards
- Establish working relationships with client personnel
- Prepare financial statement reports and documentation supporting our client’s audit opinions
- Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency
Skills and Qualifications
- CPA K
- At least 2 years working experience with an audit firm
- Demonstrates team work and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail
- Professionalism, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Audit Assistant) to email@example.com before Thursday 20th January 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV