Job Title: National Sales Manager – Automotive
Required no. of years of experience: 11 + years
Educational Qualification: Engineering graduate preferably from Mechanical stream with Masters in business management in Marketing
Location: Tanzania – Dar-E-Salam
Reporting: General Manager
Required Profile (Candidate should have exposed to)
- Experience in dealing with customers in a retail environment (Commercial vehicles). Ideally with 11 years automotive experience with minimum 5 years in a similar role.
- International exposure is must- Mainly African continent
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Candidates worked in Mitshubhi Fuso, Photon will be preferred.
Job Purpose (Brief summary of the position)
- Overall in charge of functioning the sales department (commercial vehicles).
- To meet and exceed pre determined sales targets whilst adhering to a disciplined sales process.
- Ensuring that customers receive and experience in line with Principal expectations that follows DML’s route to sale.
- Communicate and quote all relevant and available products and services. Using tools provided to accurately capture data.
- Maintain a professional image at all times and take responsibility for company’s premises and products.
- Ensure effective time management of sales staff with emphasis on follow up activity.
- Facilitate sales process and general activity. Database management, IT savvy, Debtor control, CRM, Solution provider, Aged stock control.
Functional Competencies / Skills Required
- Sales expertise
- Communication and language skills
- Results oriented
- IT skills
- Knowledge of Commercial Vehicles
Behavioural Competencies / Skills Required
- Ability to go in detail and get to nerve of assignments
- Commitment to whatever he/ she do
- Positive Approach
- Ability to adopt to new cultures
- Integrity and Ethics behaviour
- Customer Focus
- Interactive Communication
- Result Orientation
Key Duties & Responsibilities (These are indicative in nature and are subjected to change as per the business requirement of the Company)
- Management of sales as a National responsibility:
- Achieve annual budget and KPI’s set
- Responsible for achieving budgets – Sales, GP, NP and Net working capital
- Manage the Key Accounts that contribute over 80% of the business
- Responsible for dealing with Fleet customers having a range of Light Duty Trucks, Medium Duty
- Trucks and Heavy Duty Trucks.
- Responsible for sale of TV Trucks
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, stream lining
processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout Tanzania.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of sales managers and sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, commercial vehicles sales meetings, sales, newsletters and electronic bulletins.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and achievement on sales targets and administer the sales target and achievement plan.
- Personally observe the performance of sales representatives in the field on a regular basis.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales Organization.
- Proactively identify changes in Commercial Vehicles, delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Partner with the Manager – Corporate and Strategic Accounts in the development of key customer relationship management.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Develop working relations with the key customers, fleet owners, corporate, mining companies etc.
- Tender business, preparing technical and commercial offers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Assist sales team with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepare periodic sales pipeline reports showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Improving Customer Services:
- To be responsible for customer satisfaction
- To be committed in supplying products and services to exceed customer expectation
- Execute assignments with sense of urgency
- To take ownership of the assignments
- To liaise effectively with Sales, Service, Parts and Finance Department Managers.
- To develop team work
Preferable industry / company: Automobile, Transport Engineering
Compensation: Best in Industry
Qualified candidates to send CV to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted