Duma Works is recruiting a Backend Developer for one of our clients; a company that provides a platform for selling digital content and products online.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing web applications (both frontend and backend), ensuring user requirements are met
- Designing database systems for web applications, ensuring efficient data storage and consistency
- Writing clean, reusable, testable and clean code
- Maintaining web applications, ensuring uptime and dependability
- Proficiency in JSON, REST
- Training and supervising junior developers and trainees, imparting skills and development discipline
- Working with designers to ensure that web applications developed are intuitive and user friendly
- Providing technical support to users when required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with PHP, especially OOP.
- Knowledge of a modern PHP framework (Laravel) is a must.
- Solid foundation skills of computing and algorithms, background in object oriented principles is an added advantage.
- Basic foundational knowledge of web and Internet infrastructure, databases, networking and programming
- Desire to use technology to develop innovative solutions that solve real world problems
- Self driven and open minded.
- Agile and creative.
How to Apply
Portfolio is a MUST to accompany a detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2617”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2617 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. The Duma Works team will be out on holiday leave until Jan. 3rd so please be patient when waiting to hear back with results on the initial test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.