CARE seeks the following positions for an anticipated USAID – funded project “Family Planning / Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health”.
This procurement is expected to be a large five-year cooperative agreement; it is expected to be released in February 2017 and awarded in July 2017.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location / Duty Station: Nairobi but Negotiable
CARE International is a leading humanitarian organization fighting poverty and addressing the health and wellbeing of vulnerable and marginalized individuals, families and communities worldwide.
We place special focus on working alongside poor women and girls because, equipped with proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Since its founding in 1945, CARE has expanded programming to work in over 90 countries.
CARE has been operating in Kenya since 1968, working with government and a wide range of partners to alleviate poverty and its underlying causes, while building capacity for self-help through various interconnected but distinct projects implemented in various regions of Kenya.
CARE values the participation and input of the beneficiary communities in the planning and implementation of programmes.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any sub awards.
- Ensure that the project’s financial accounting environment is in compliance with USAID and CARE’s policies, procedures and regulations and legal requirements.
- Ensure the overall accuracy of financial information recorded in the project and reflected on the project’s trial balance and other financial reports submitted to the Country Program, CARE USA and USAID.
- Oversee the development and implementation of robust local financial system and process (e.g., payroll and cash management) as appropriate.
- Oversee the execution and timely posting of all financial transactions
- Proactively develop financial forecast analysis to assist in areas such as management of currency risk and cost allocation rates.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual analysis of the project’s trial balance and financial reports.
- Lead the process of analysis and interpretation of financial reports to ensure that accurate financial data is provided to COP and DCOP to inform decision making
- Post-graduate degree in a Business, Accounting, Finance or related field relevant to the position requirements.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
- Experience with USAID project accounting and reporting requirements and experience in creating, utilizing, and managing systems and staff that ensure compliance with those requirements.
- Experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; excellent demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Ability to travel within project areas as required.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
The Human Resources & Development Manager,
CARE International in Kenya,
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, only short listed candidates will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).