Care International – Somalia / Somaliland
Title: Procurement Intern
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Date: February 1, 2017
Duration: Three (3) months
CARE International is an international humanitarian aid organization, fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities.
As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development projects and providing emergency relief.
We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
Position Summary: CARE International in Somalia is providing an opportunity for internship at its Nairobi Support Office. The intern is expected to join and work with the Procurement Team based in Nairobi.
Under the supervision of the Procurement Manager, the internship offers the intern an opportunity to acquire direct exposure to the functionality of procurement function as well as provide practical experience with the objective of enhancing the intern’s educational experience through practical work experience and allow the intern to gain insight into the work of CARE International in Somalia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Offer support in organizing procurement activities related to request for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes.
- Offer assistance in review requisitions for completeness and accuracy; follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department; identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item.
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry, opening departmental mails, and completing and processing standard purchasing forms.
- Assist the procurement assistant organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Assist process requisitions into purchase orders in PAMODZI and any resulting change orders.
- Receive, open, screen, log and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organize bids for review by the procurement committee.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Assist prepare the weekly procurement status reports for sharing with users.
- Assist the procurement assistant expedite orders