Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will report to the Chief Executive Officer administratively but functionally to the Audit Board.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Independently assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes created by the business units and support functions and provide assurance on these systems and processes.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- Bachelors’ of Commerce (BCOM) or any other business related degree from a recognized university.
- CPA K.
- 5 years working experience at a senior level in a busy credit and accounting environment and preferably within the co-operative movement.
- Computer literate.
- Must be between 30-45 years of age
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.
- Strong character -constantly reminding moral and ethical obligations to employees.
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines .
- Team player with good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Unquestionable integrity and strong ethical standards.
Download the online form HERE (openable with adobe reader).