Vacancy: Project Officer
Community Media Trust is a media organization that develops community engagement strategies using participatory media and community communication principles, to support implementation of projects and programs.
Community Media Trust creates relevant, community-friendly media content (film, radio, digital and print) that inspires, educates and entertains communities to achieve knowledge, behavioral and social impact.
We are excited to be a #DREAMSInnovation winner! Our solution will help create an #AIDSFreeGen for girls & women in #Africa! #EndAIDS2030.
Our solution, “WezeshaDada: Media & ICT Training for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)” will seek to impart filmmaking, photography, ICT and entrepreneurship skills to AGYW from 6 communities in Nairobi and Kisumu.
They will not only make short films to educate other AGYW on the dangers of HIV infection, but will also promote and demystify entrepreneurship as a strategy for reducing their vulnerability.
Additionally, the AGYW will receive “seed equipment” to initiate media and ICT-based income generating activities in their communities.
CoMeT is seeking to recruit a Project Officer for the WezeshaDada project to be based in its regional office in Nairobi.
Position Summary: The Project Officer will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the
WezeshaDada project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists and supports the Projects Manager in coordination, work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication;
- Takes responsibility in organising and facilitating dialogue meetings, workshops and events with stakeholders to:
o Maintain coordination and promote cooperation;
o Raise awareness of efforts to prevent promote WezeshaDada
o Share experiences and lessons learnt;
- Manage and monitor CoMeT’s projects activities in close cooperation with the project team;
- Work closely with the Project Assistants/M&E Assistants to maintain and regularly update the database of project activities and progress;
- Contribute to internal (within the team and across the organisation) discussions on the project indicators;
- Preparation of monthly expenditure requests and account for project expenditure in line with CoMeT’s financial procedures;
- Assessing implementation progress, writing and filing of reports;
- Contribute to documentation of success stories and other anecdotal information to demonstrate results/impact of initiatives undertaken by partners and enhance the overall quality of performance reports to all constituents;
- Represent CoMeT at meetings, seminars, co-ordination forums and other events.