Information Technology Company
System Administrator / DBA
Location: Kilimani, Nairobi.
Our client, East Africa’s first fully automated cloud infrastructure company is looking for an energetic up-to-date System Administrator /DBA to join their company.
Job Role: Maintains systems networks and connections to the Internet by performing the following duties while reporting to Head of Technology.
- Installs and maintains various Web servers.
- Provides networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords.
- Assists with linking Web servers to database systems.
- Utilize various Web-based scripting languages to create online forms that link users to databases.
- Manages all upgrades and backups.
- Researches and implements security and firewall strategies.
- Develops network, news, and host security policies.
- Manages remote client dial-in access.
- Monitors network traffic and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Manages set up and maintenance of intranets related to system administration functions.
- Meets with engineering groups to allocate server resources and install new servers.
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related subject
- 5+ years proven Experience in setup and administration of Windows and Linux based environments
- 5+ years proven experience in Database Administration (MySQL, Oracle)
- 5+ years proven experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, NGINX)
- Sound scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware, Citrix and/or KVM
- 5+ years’ experience with monitoring systems
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 20th January 2017
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.