Duma works is recruiting a Content and Digital Marketing Associate for our client, Africa Digital Media Group.
Role Summary: The Content Development Associate is a creative and results-oriented storyteller and online community manager.
This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated writer and producer to generate and distribute high-quality multi-media content across a range of digital and traditional channels.
- Day-to-day management and measurement of ADMI’s online presence, increasing stakeholder engagement and commercial results
- Conceptualize and execute ‘look and feel’ of ADMI online, creating consistent and compelling content for the main and ancillary websites, blogs, newsletters and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, You Tube and Twitter)
- Host and moderate our online conversations and participate in affiliated communities
- Develop and execute a weekly content plan, including daily posting across all social media platforms
- Coordinate the graphic design, audio-visual and website design suppliers to feed into plan
- Re-purpose content from external and internal sources for various channels, including traditional media (print, radio, etc.)
- Write and disseminate at least two original or re-purposed stories weekly, populate a monthly e-newsletter and compile at least one e-book monthly
- Approve all public-facing content such as calendars, brochures and roll-up banners
- Plan and evaluate digital outreach and advertising campaigns
- Ensure that all digital properties are optimized for search engines and maximum visibility
- Execute online conversion strategies, continually adopting innovative growth hacking approaches
- Lead strategic placement, syndication and distribution in both online and traditional platforms
- Lead analytics and monitor key performance indicators across communications functions
- Train and coach the marketing and academics teams to integrate into content function
- Cover on- and off-campus outreach activities throughout the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in Business English
- At least 3 years’ experience in multi-media content creation and content marketing, including photography, film, and writing
- Exposure to Digital Marketing and Growth Hacking principles and practice
- Public Relations and Marketing training preferred
- Command of MS Officer software (Word/Excel/Access) and database systems preferred
- Strong team leadership and project management skills
- Detail-oriented, hands-on approach and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Growth mindset, sense of urgency and a willingness to pitch in are all required.
- Flexible to travel and work irregular and long hours, including on evenings and weekend
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2610”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2610 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 16th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.