Position: Business Development Intern
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Elective Africa is looking for talented individuals to join our company for an internship that will take 3 months.
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of educational and expedition travel programs in Africa.
While assisting with a wide range of assignments, the intern will gain experience and training in many aspects of Business Development and a good understanding of working with a diverse team of people.
The task will include
- Carrying out our industry research and understanding how to market products online
- Identifying emerging opportunities in the experiential travel industry
- Selling and managing client accounts through a variety of lead generation activities
- Working with EA staff on all media related activities
- Developing general communications publications
- Designing marketing materials
- Managing and creating our online content
This is a perfect internship for someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, not afraid to roll her/his sleeves up and is interested in working with a dedicated team.
If your performance exceeds expectations, you will be offered a position in the company at the end of your internship.
- A bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management, Communications, Marketing or any other related field with a minimum of second-class honors upper division.
- A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with similar grades in languages.
- Good writing skills is essential with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, be your own boss to lead tasks.
- Willingness to work long & odd hours to complete assignments with no supervision.
- Social media and web savvy.
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on www.electiveafrica.com/careers and upload your application letter and current CV by the end of day on Thursday 12th of January 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted