Evergreen Plains Farm
Job Title: Cook / Chef
Reports to: Director
Based at: Evergreen Plains Farm, Along Katito-Awasi Road, East Kano. (NB: Rural Location) (Onsite accommodation provided)
Purpose of the Role:
- Prepare, season and cook salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods for a family who live on a small Eco Farm that regularly has guests and occasional special catered events.
- Proficient in all aspects of food preparation, passionate about culinary arts.
- Work full time (6 days per week), including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Follow the budget set by the Directors
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies needed to ensure efficient operations
- Monitor sanitation practices and ensure that kitchen safety standards are followed
- Direct and coordinate food or beverage preparation
- Investigate customer complaints
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Any other duty assigned.
Skills Required to undertake the Role
- Communication skills
- Writing Skills
- Creativity – must be creative in order to develop and prepare interesting and innovative recipes. Should be able to use various ingredients to create appealing meals for customers.
- Sense of taste and smell – must have a keen sense of taste and smell, to inspect food quality and to design meals that customers enjoy.
- Time-management skills – must efficiently manage time. Must ensure that meals are prepared and that customers are served on time, especially during busy hours.
Evergreen Plains Farm is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
Applications should include;
- Letter of application indicating interest
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Three letters of reference with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates
Applications Due: 31st January 2017.
Applications will be accepted through e-mail to:
Recruitment Committee, Evergreen Plains Farm. firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration: 15,000Ksh per month starting salary.