Job Title: Head of Business Development – Financial Services
Industry: Financial Services
Our client is the market leader in providing actuarial, employee benefits and retirement fund administration and consulting services.
They seek to hire a Head of Business Development reporting to the Group CEO and will proactively work to improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth.
Define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Prospect for potential new clients, identify decision makers, meet them and turn this into increased business.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals / tenders that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in the pricing of products /services and product development across the business
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion, using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Training and mentor the Business Development team to develop their skills
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Entrench the brand and presence as a market leader
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in business opportunities.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate and is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant Business related field e.g Marketing and or Business Management
- Professional qualification in Marketing. CIM is an added advantage
- Prior experience in a similar position required
- Excellent Presentation skills, Time management and prioritization skills to complete work within established timeframes and meet the required deadlines
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy and Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent Communication skills ( verbal & written) to communicate with other team members, managers and custodians
- Excellent Organizational skills and Problem solving skills. Teamwork and collaboration to support all team members particularly during tendering and writing proposals
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Business Development – Financial Services) to email@example.com before 27th December 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted