First Assurance Company Limited is a key financial services provider in East Africa with a unique growth and innovation strategy, a vast product offering in general, medical and group life insurance.
Our people are our greatest asset. Each person is unique and valued for their contribution.
Chief Finance Officer
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief Finance Officer is responsible for the proper management of the books of accounts, efficient tax planning, day to day cash flow management, development of financial strategies and deputizing the Finance Manager in running the department’s roles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement internal financial controls across all functions in the Company; and ensure compliance to internal procedures, financial polices & standards, and statutory financial regulations
- Responsible for the preparation of the financial, management reports and record keeping through the finance team
- Financial Analysis of the business, financial and general operating information to identify trends and opportunities for development and produce management information to ensure that business developments remain financially viable
- Capital Management by ensuring optimization of available cash & liquidity requirements and ensure optimal returns
- Responsible for the Budgeting and Planning process
- Responsible for tax compliance and liaison with tax authority and advisers
- Reviewing and approving payables, treasury, tax sections and bank transactions;
- Coordinate internal and external audits both financial and tax audits;