Job Title: Post-Harvest Consultant
FloraHolland, the world’s leading flower auction, had a global sale in 2014 of € 4.5 billion in flowers and plants. It plays a key role as marketplace, matchmaker, mediation and Post Harvest Knowledge center.
FloraHolland is a service providing company, which has no focus on generating profit, but offering its members the best sales opportunities at the lowest possible costs.
With four (4) auction centers in the Netherlands, FloraHolland is an international operating intermediary organization and has a dynamic import department.
By offering the best quality and various selections of flowers and plants, FloraHolland wishes to maintain its lead as a trustworthy marketplace for international commerce.
In order to achieve their goals in Kenya, FloraHolland is currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic Post-Harvest Consultant.
Our employee core values are passionate expertise, exceptional customer service, business judgment, integrity, teamwork and innovation. If these values describe you, then we look forward to your application.
Job Description: The Post-Harvest Consultant will be responsible for assisting growers by giving them paid services on the post-harvest of the flowers.
He or she will be responsible for:
- Best-in-class performance of paid quality services to growers
- Acquisition of new growers for Post-Harvest services including making professional commercial proposals
- Continuous development and improvement of (paid) quality services
- Relationship management for the growers on Post Harvest services, aimed at achieving an increase in flower quality for different growers through the provision post-harvest services
- Acting as the contact person for other FloraHolland services in concert with Account Managers
- Preparing regular reports on achievements & discussing them with both farm managers (owners, farm managers, etc.) and Dutch counterparts
- Audit Post Harvest-processes and recommending on areas of improvement to growers
- Train and Develop farm staff on post-harvest procedures and issues
- Monitoring cool chain systems and measuring the cold chain
- Setting up and maintaining standard working protocols on post-harvest consultancy, and generate regular status reports together with team in Ethiopia
- Degree in Horticulture or agricultural based study
- Broad knowledge of the international flower business
- Broad and deep knowledge of quality aspects of flowers – especially post-harvest
- Experience in a complex/international two sided surrounding
- Commercial experience
- Fluent in English language (written/spoken)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communicative skills
- Organizational skills and research experience, team player
- Good computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office)
- Professional appearance
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter and detailed CV, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Sunday 15th January 2017 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.