Our client is a FMCG company looking for a Procurement Manager – CEWA.
Job Code: PM/BD/170127
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Head of Supply Chain
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Summary: Responsible for the supply of products and services essential for our company’s operations. You will strategize to find the most cost-effective deals and suppliers.
The Procurement Manager’s role is to discover the best ways to minimize our procurement expenses so that the company can invest in its growth and people.
- Enforce procurement compliance as per the company’s guidelines.
- Device and implement effective sourcing strategies to discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Lead the supplier appraisal and selection process.
- Negotiate with Vendors to secure the highest value for money and most advantageous terms for the company.
- Initiate the ordering of the necessary goods and services and expedite their delivery.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance.
- Liaise with the company attorney on legal interpretation of contracts.
- Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Effectively collaborate with demand owners and budget owners for clarity of specification and early influencing of specifications to meet the company objectives.
- Collaborating with demand owners to ensure effective supplier performance appraisals are conducted in line with the contracts and to manage supplier phase out phase in process.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers.
- Anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Control spend and build a culture of long term savings on procurement costs.
- Track and report key performance metrics to improve effectiveness.
- Create and maintain accurate supplier master data in the system.
- Manage the performance monitoring process for;
- APT (Average Payment Time)
- MAVERICK Spend.
- Spend coverage.
- COC (Code Of Conduct).
- Procurement Savings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant University degree and CIPS qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement.
- Member of a professional body
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques and market understanding.
- Strong negotiations and networking abilities.
- Aptitude in decision making and working with numbers and Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- SAP user.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Procurement Manager CEWA
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.