Our client is a FMCG company looking for a Regulatory Affairs Officer (CEWA)
Job Code: RAO/BD/161128
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Corporate Head of External Relations & Regulatory Compliance
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Summary: The Regulatory Affairs Officer has ensure the regulatory compliance for all our client’s consumer products (regulated e.g. as cosmetics, medicinal products, medical devices) for all countries in the Management Unit CEWA.
He/she combines his/her knowledge about scientific, legal/regulatory and business aspects to ensure compliance to relevant legislation.
He/she advises on and coordinate the approval, registration, listing or notification of our client’s consumer products to ensure fast access to market in the CEWA countries.
- Development of MU QMS
- On shelf assessments and reporting of results to relevant stakeholders
- Management of VAS activities and LSP to include monitoring of warehousing of products from other countries.
- Any other responsibility and duties as may be necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- The minimum necessary qualification is a university degree in sciences (chemistry, physics, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy, medicinal chemistry, biomedical science, life or applied science).
- Alternatively a solid track record of experience in regulatory affairs may be acceptable to qualify as Regulatory Affairs Officer.
- Continuing education and professional development are critical to the Regulatory Affairs Officer. He/she must keep up to date with regulatory policies and procedures for the countries in his responsibility as well as maintain an understanding of the scientific and technical background of the company´s products.
- Project management, organization, negotiation
- Strong communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to learn from the experience of others, both inside and outside the organization.
- The ability to work efficiently with internal and external stakeholders
- English language (fluent in writing and speaking); as the communication flow to corporate functions is of crucial importance
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Regulatory Affairs Officer