Duma works is recruiting a Front End Developer for one of our clients; a company that provides a platform for selling digital content and products online.
Role Summary: We are looking for a front-end Web application developer experienced in building interfaces to rich Internet applications to join our front-end development team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solution Translates designs and style guides provided by the UI/UX team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies
- Experience with GIT (bitbucket) and other versioning technologies
- Experience working with Linux environments will be an added advantage
- Builds UI/UX that Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts Assists in defining software architectures
- Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, learns the applications capabilities Communicates continually with the client and project teams
- Explains progress on the development effort Owns success
- Support in taking correct technology decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment.
- Strong customer service/client service skills.
- Should understand various backend technologies and at least be proficient with either PHP or frameworks such as Laravel.
Portfolio is a MUST to accompany a detailed CV, to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2629”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2629 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. The Duma Works team will be out on holiday leave until Jan. 3rd so please be patient when waiting to hear back with results on the initial test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.