Role Profile: Head of Business Development – Insurance
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Head of Business Development position for one of our clients.
Job Summary: Proactively work to improve AF’s market position and achieve financial growth. Define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging networks.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Entrench AF brand and presence as a market leader
Business Development Planning
- Develop and implement annual marketing strategies in order to deliver business targets
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in business opportunities.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management & Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that a prerequisite (like prequalification) is fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant Business related field e.g Marketing and or Business Management
- Professional qualification in Marketing.
- CIM an added advantage
- Presentation skills
- Time management and prioritization skills to complete work within established timeframes and meet the required deadlines
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy
- Computer literate ( outlook, excel and word)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 27th January 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking “Head of Business Development” on the subject head.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted