Our Client, in the hospitality industry is seeking to recruit a Head Cook for a Guest House located in Kitengela town.
This opportunity requires a self-motivated, enthusiastic and responsible individual.
Position Title: Head Cook
Position Role: The Head Cook will oversee the operations of the kitchen as well as direct and be involved in the preparations of all meals.
He/she will be required to be creative and detail oriented in demonstrating the latest food preparation techniques
- Develop and plan menus and recipes taking into consideration seasonal availability of farm products
- Analyze recipes and assign prices to menu items, based on food, labour and overhead costs
- Request for kitchen equipment, supplies and materials as and when required
- Assist in the recruitment of kitchen and service staff
- Check quantity and quality of procured (raw products) as well as prepared meals
- Investigate customer complaints on meals
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food production
- Regularly inspect facilities and equipment to ensure compliance
- Ensure proper sanitation/hygiene practices are followed by kitchen staff
- Prepare the kitchen staff rota
- Team up and coordinate with relevant departments to achieve the best guest experience
- Excellent writing and verbal skills with good command of both English and Kiswahili
- Mature individual with good work ethics
- Organized and self-motivated and respectful individual
- Team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Creative individual
Educational Level / Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in food production from a recognized institution
- Analytical individual with the ability to carry out costing/pricing competently
- Computer skills (proficiency in MS-Office)
- At least 3 – 4 years of continuous work experience in a busy restaurant or hotel setting
The applicant must possess a valid food handlers certificate
If you are interested and confident that you meet the outlined Qualifications and Skills, send your CV with 3 referees and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 17th February, 2017
Clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.