Job Title: Hotel Chief Mechanical Engineer
Salary: 250K – 320K gross
Our client is a well established 5 star hotel in Nairobi.
They seek to hire an experienced individual to head the hotel’s mechanical department to deliver on, projects management, operational and technical issues.
Engineering Job Purpose: Managing and implementation of operation of the property and all its equipment, ancillary maintenance and repair services and protection of the asset, structural aspects as well as the maintenance of grounds and external facilities.
- Project Management: oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Responsible for planning and managing allocated resources to ensure the satisfactory staffing of projects
- Be responsible for planning, coordinating and delegating of duties to staff
- Implement departmental standard operating procedures to improve the process & performance
- Ensure all functions of the engineering operations to achieve the optimum departmental costs
- Implementing and managing the preventative and corrective maintenance programs to ensure the effective operation of all the mechanical systems
- Achieve maximum efficiency from the team and all other available resources.
- Maintain proper communication in the department by conducting daily briefings
- Prepare proper departmental analysis reports / data for the senior management on all aspects of engineering support, environmental controls and the operational efficiency of the property.
- Ensure the quality of all work completed by both employees and external contracted staff adheres to the standards of good engineering practice.
- Attend management meetings as and when required
- Supervise and control the day to day work requisitions/ maintenance job orders from other departments.
- Carry out periodic inspections of systems and equipment.
- Audit all workshop tools and equipment for the running of workshops trades and functions.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers
- Formulating and implementing policies and procedures for the mechanical department
- Maintains equipments and systems by monitoring and guiding the maintenance staff and ensure facilities and systems operate properly
Skills and Requirements
- Bsc in Mechanical Engineering or related degree, Masters will be an added advantage.
- Over 7 years proven experience in Mechanical Engineering, those in hospitality industry have an added advantage.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to manage a team
- Demonstrate effective technical skills.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry legal policies and framework.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective commercial awareness skills.
- Team working skills complemented with motivation, versatility and analytical skills.
- Ability and readiness to work for many hours.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Hotel Chief Mechanical Engineer) to email@example.com before Wednesday 1st February 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.