Job Vacancy: Chief of Party
Summary: Initiatives Inc. seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded health project.
This five-year project aims at strengthening services and systems for HIV and AIDS with a focus on strengthening county, facility and community capacity to effectively manage HIV/AIDS service delivery.
Location: Western Province Kenya
- Set the project strategic vision, guide planning, and manage implementation of project activities related to HIV service planning, management and coordination.
- Oversee contract management and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Supervise both technical and administrative project components, including project compliance and financial management.
- Manage relationships with the Ministry of Health, other government health departments and agencies, USAID and implementing partners.
- Manage and supervise project staff.
- Oversee effective project data management, monitoring and reporting.
- Master degree or higher in public health, business administration, health services administration, health systems strengthening or another relevant field.
- Bachelor Degree in medicine, nursing or other relevant field with experience in HIV service management.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience in a supervisory role with at least 10 years of senior management experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing USAID- and/or PEPFAR-funded programs and at least five years of experience managing development programs outside of Kenya.
- Demonstrated experience personnel management of diverse teams of staff representing multiple partners and addressing various project elements.
- Previous experience supporting government health systems managers in strengthening HIV service management.
- Outstanding leadership and management capabilities with demonstrated achievements in interpersonal relationship management, written and oral presentation skills and partner coordination.
How to Apply:
All applicants should email a CV, cover letter, and contacts for three references to email@example.com with “Chief of Party” as the subject line.