Business Development Manager – Ghana, West Africa
This international Company mobilizes public and private resources for the benefit of doctors and patients through insurance and mobile based healthcare.
Based in Ghana but covering all of West Africa. Medical Credit Fund works with banks in Africa to provide loans to small and medium‐sized companies in the health sector with the aim to improve their business and quality.
The loans are provided in partnership with local financial institutions and combined with a business and quality improvement program.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing MCF’s partnerships and portfolio in the West African region, from generating leads, guiding prospects through initial screening, credit appraisal, underwriting and due diligence to structuring and closing deals in collaboration with the MCF based in Africa and Amsterdam.
- Source, develop and assess business leads and develop a solid pipeline of lending opportunities.
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies and plans to develop MCF’s business in the region.
- Build and maintain relationships with financial partners (banks and non‐bank financial institutions) and stakeholders, including other financial institutes and possible co‐financing partners.
- Manage credit analysts, business and quality advisors, specialty consultants, due diligence partners and structuring lawyers in the screening, credit appraisal and due diligence of MCF prospects and oversee the structuring of transactions.
- Prepare and submit credit proposals to the Credit Committee.
- Oversee and ensure the smooth transition and support of clients through the underwriting, approval and closing processes.
- Monitor and work with clients, where applicable, to implement their business plans in order to enhance client performance and lower investment risk.
- Proactively monitor industry and regional trends and identify and develop opportunities for innovative financing solutions.
- Participate in organization‐wide strategic and business planning as part of the management team in Nigeria.
- The business development manager should have an entrepreneurial and results‐oriented mind-set combined with strong relationship management and organizational skills.
- He or she is able to engage with a variety of stakeholders from different cultures and is creative and resourceful in finding solutions.
- The ideal candidate combines experience in finance with knowledge of the health sector and has a passion for social impact.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in business or commercial lending including the origination and management of a portfolio and credit analysis and deal structuring, preferably in the SME segment.
- Master’s degree in finance, economics or accounting, preferably complemented with an MBA.
- An excellent and diverse network in the local finance industry and market knowledge of social sector financing.
- Experience and a diverse network in the local health sector is a strong advantage.
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and hands‐on mentality, with an enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast‐paced environment.
- Personable relationship builder, persuasive, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humour.
- Team‐orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Systematic approach to seeking opportunities, managing due diligence and closing transactions.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously, and see ideas through to action.
- Fluency both in English and French.
- Strong affinity with impact investing and the social goals of MCF.
- Willingness and ability to travel across the region extensively.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Monthly gross salary: USD 6000 plus benefits
Deadline: 8th February 2017
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2j7wNpt
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***