Position: Operations Manager – Packing & Removals
Industry: Clearing & Forwarding
Our client is an international company that offers international relocations services by air and sea, packing and crating, customs clearance and overseas pet moves.
They seek to hire an Operations Manager to lead and manage the operations department.
- Manage and enforce safe working measures for the staff
- Management of the pack-out teams, transport section and coordination of operations
- In charge of packing materials, warehouse equipment, supply team, distribution and returns of the materials
- Identify training needs for the operations team and develop training schedules to bridge the skills gaps and ensure adequate capacity is built at all times.
- In charge of ensuring efficient follow-up on certificates, permits, registrations licenses & levies where required
- In charge of licensing and inspection with NTSA, NCC and all safety boards
- In charge of proper and quickly response to relevant correspondence, memos, letters and emails
- Update the Managing Director on daily and regular basis on the operations of the company and advise on key areas to bring smooth and profitable operations
- Scrutinize and review daily, weekly and Monthly reports in MS activities including maintenance schedules and physical checklists and other key reports to ascertain the promised quality is delivered.
- Provide logistics support to departments
- Support sales, surveys and client service
- In charge of the company security and coordination
- Degree in Business Administration or related field of study
- 3- 5 years Experience in a similar position
- Ability to work under pressure & to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and proper documentation
- Knowledge of KRA custom services procedures
- Knowledge of KPA, CFS and Airfreight handling company procedures
- Knowledge of international quality controls
- Experience in shipping by air, sea & surface, C&F matters & logistics
- Good leadership qualities
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Confidentiality and high integrity
- Be ready to travel within Kenya and abroad
- Driving Licence
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Operations Manager – Packing & Removals) to email@example.com before 18th January 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted