Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Driver.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the company’s vehicle(s) and execute the tasks as assigned by the Logistics Officer.
- Drive when needed for collection/delivery of goods, documents, mails, materials as assigned by the Logistics Officer
- Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
- Inspect vehicle/motor bike every morning before departure.
- Perform daily checks on tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc and maintains a check list and be accountable for the items.
- Report promptly any defects and malfunctioning of the vehicle that require immediate attention to the Logistics Officer.
- Comply strictly with vehicle servicing schedules and notifies Logistics Officer two weeks in advance for booking purposes.
- Immediately report and inform the supervisor of vehicle/road accidents encountered and obtain police reports.
- Maintain the vehicle log sheet at all times and refuel the vehicle as required.
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Ensures all assigned vehicle movements are approved prior to trip.
- Ensure that the organizations vehicle(s) are only used for official/authorized business.
- Ensure that the keys are returned for safeguarding at the end of the day
- Assist in retrieving stationery, equipment etc from the warehouses.
- Assist in Labelling of the goods and shelving in the warehouse.
- Assist in Packing, labelling, loading of the goods to be dispatched through the appointed courier service provider
- Assist in Maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouses
- Participate in cycle and stock counts in the warehouses.
- Participate in staging, put away and shipping of goods to and from warehouses.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor