International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Reproductive Health Manager – Lodwar
Sector: Reproductive Health
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective: Working with the supervision and guidance of the Field Manager and the RH&HIV coordinator, the project Manager will lead the planning, implementation, supervision, and monitoring of IRC’s ‘’Pambuzuka ‘’ project in Turkana county.
He/she will work closely with the county health team to ensure implementation of activities geared towards improving maternal and newborn health at the county level.
Technical Coordination and support
- Overall programmatic and administrative support leadership in the planning, implementation and monitoring of MNH program activities as guided by the project deliverables.
- Work closely with the county and sub county RH focal persons in planning and training health facility staff at the county level on MNH competencies.
- Facilitate information sharing with other sectors, towards integrating the RH program with other sectors (HIV, Gender Based Violence (GBV), Nutrition and Livelihoods).
- Contribute to the bi-annual development, review and implementation of the IRC Health Sector Strategic Plan in line with the IRC strategy, policies and procedures.
- Where necessary, participate in concept development, proposal writing and budget development exercises in relation to RH programming for IRC Kenya.
- Incorporate cross – cutting program design issues such as protection mainstreaming, disaster risk reduction, governance, environmental and emergency response.
Grant Management, Monitoring & Reporting
- Plan, support and coordinate joint IRC & County MoH field monitoring and support supervision exercises.
- Manage the project budget ensuring spending is maintained within appropriate margins.
- Identify and respond to project needs, implement activities, and conduct follow-up to ensure project success.
- Monitor timeliness, quality and progress of project deliverables as per the work plans and implementation plans in place.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of progress reports, documentation and use of information to continuously improve the quality and performance of the project.
Communication and Documentation:
- Develop and maintain project related record-keeping system and provide accurate documentation of all reporting forms.
- Provide material related to project progress and updates both internal and external use.
- Assist in the development of publications and communication materials wherever possible.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.