KCB Group Limited
Head of SME
Kenya – Nairobi
The Position: Reporting to the Director Retail Banking, the Head of SME, will be responsible the growth & profitability of the SME Banking and small holder Agribusiness Segment through the development and execution of the SME & Agribusiness strategy whilst maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the SME Sector strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for the SME Banking & Agribusiness business through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers/ suppliers/ line manager/ stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Sector.
- To drive customer-led propositions for the SME & Agribusiness segment by developing a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers.
- Manage an effective SME customer’s loyalty program for networking and deepening of KCB SME market penetration through the Biashara club/ KCB Entrepreneur’s club.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the Bank.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Facilitate training programs to enhance product knowledge to the Business Banking teams, branch staff and sales teams on SME and Agribusiness Products.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at a macro, SME & Agribusiness, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements whilst maintaining the quality of the SME portfolio within the stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing SME team.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A university degree in a Business related area. Possession of a post graduate degree or professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage
- At least 8 years general banking experience at Senior management level and 5 of which must be in the Small Medium Enterprise (SME) sector and must have:
Experience in Credit analysis and administration.
Experience in Customer service/Relationship Management.
Experience in Sales & Product development.
- Experience in Agribusiness is essential
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years
- A thorough knowledge of Small Medium Enterprise (SME) Products, Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent planning, Organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
The above position is a demanding role which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title / reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 3rd February, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.