The Kenya National Farmers’ Federation (KENAFF), the umbrella body of all Farmers in Kenya wishes to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
This position attracts a Kenyan citizen who among other things will provide creative leadership and focused solutions in a fast moving agricultural industry; identify and pursue emerging opportunities that favorably sustain the position of the Federation and her membership; as an integral part of the Kenyan Agriculture ensure financial viability and sustainability while positively impacting on incomes of the farming households and related enterprises in Kenya.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Type of person: Kenyan National
Location of Duty: Nairobi Kenya
Reporting to: Board / National Officials
a. Finance & Planning
c. Agribusiness Development & Programmes
d. External Relations, Lobby Policy and Legislation
e. Institutional Development, Gender and Youth Affairs
f. Media Services
Duration of engagement: 5 (five) years – Renewable
Qualified persons are encouraged to apply as long as they can prove possession of the following
Qualifications / Experience:
1. Education and Training
- An advanced University Degree in an Agricultural Science and/or related skills.
- Verifiable training in organizational leadership, policy formulation and intervention.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the formative and functional attributes of membership-based organizations,
mainstreaming private sector, gender and youth issues into organizational development
- Post graduate training in business management will be added advantage.
2. Experience and Skills
- At least 5 (five) years experience in providing leadership either at CEO level or at another strategic level in
a national governmental or non-governmental organization
- Experience in playing a dual leadership role, as a top manager on one hand and participating in governance
roles at the board level
- Familiarity and experience in working in the agricultural sector within East African region.
- Demonstrable capability in networking and building strategic alliances and partnerships within the private sector, NGOs, multilateral organizations, public agencies and governments in the Eastern African Region.
- Expertise in initiating and leading anti and post implementation studies related to various program management and appreciation of requirements by different funding partners.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking). A working knowledge in Swahili. Knowledge of French is
an added advantage.
- Proven proficiency in providing leadership and direction to employees spread across regions in the country
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally at least 20% of the time
- Tax Compliance Certificate (KRA)
Important Credentials (required at interview):
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Certificate of good conduct (or proof of application)
- Clearance from HELB
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV to the following email address: email@example.com, indicating the job title in the email subject line.
(KENAFF is on equal opportunities employer).
Deadline for Application: 1st February, 2017.
Kindly note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.