Position: Mall Managing Director
Qualifications & Experience Required;
- Bachelor of Business Management / Administration. Masters an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years relevant / retail experience of which 5 must be in service / customer focused environment.
- Training in management and or leadership.
- Proven experience of strategy development and implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and implementation of the Mall’s strategic plan ensuring consultation with all stakeholders.
- Guide the development of the annual business and financial plans of the Mall in consultation with Board.
- Steer and direct the Mall operations to ensure the attainment of both the operational and financial budgets as well as marketing and promotion plans. Show initiative in finding ways to continually improve the Mall.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the various policies as well as the operational and financial systems required for the effective management of the Mall.
- Monitor the performance of the various aspects of the Mall operations, through the review of periodic business performance reports and provide guidance in the identification and implementation of remedial action.
- Develop and maintain sound, professional relationships with all tenants of the Mall.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other key third parties including government offices, relevant associations, suppliers, etc. This may include active participation in key business associations, making presentations in the relevant fora and lobbying for policy change as needed.
- Monitor developments in the local and international arena that affect the Mall and ensure that local operations meet best practice.
- Actively participate in Board meetings, brief the Directors on the Mall’s performance and provide guidance/advice for long term planning for the Mall.
- Effectively communicate the Board decisions to all stakeholders and staff as and when necessary.
- Effectively manage the Mall staff, and make use of relevant mechanisms for accountability and performance review, to ensure that the level of service is of a consistently high standard.
How to apply:
Only applications with similar experience shall be contacted.
Please specify, job title & current/last salary (gross pay) on subject line.
Kindly email cover letter & updated resume (word document format) to:
Use this format please on subject line: Mall Managing Director, current/last Gross Pay (XXXXXX insert salary).
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.