Duma works is recruiting a Micro Grid Operations Officer for one of our clients, in Tanzania.
The client is a German company that operates in Tanzania. It is a vibrant and dynamic start-up company that consists of an international team bringing off-grid energy to rural locations.
The company develops, engineers, finances and operates mini-grid sites in various regions of Tanzania as well as provide reliable backup to business customers in Arusha and beyond.
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Working hours: Full Time
Reports to: General Manager
Role Summary: We are looking for a target driven and dynamic candidate with the motivation to steer the operations management of a growing business that aims to change the way power is provided around the world.
The job is based in Arusha, Tanzania and you’ll work closely with the General Manager and Engineering Department in Germany.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Microgrid Operations Manager you will be responsible for the Customer Helpdesk, Site Officers and the Technical Team that manages site O&M.
You will be responsible for managing Microgrid Asset Operations, ensure the sites are running efficiently and ensure all customers are happy.
Responsibilities – Asset Operations
- Report to General Manager on operational performance of assets
- Responsibility to keep micro grid operations in Tanzania up and running in a cost effective manner (e.g. operational aspects of existing projects)
- Responsibility for technical improvements of sites with time
- Ensure scheduled maintenance is conducted according to process.
- Responsible for ongoing improvement (cost and effectiveness) of operations processes
- Manage the timely reporting of customer issues and ticket issues
Responsibilities – Customer Management
- Ensure customer management is in line with standards and processes developed by EOGS
- Ensure customer helpdesk is functioning at high efficiency and reporting on customer management is done periodically
- Manage the efficient and successful running of customer days
- Develop, pilot and implement new ideas for increasing customer consumption and spending in coordination with the Business Development Manager and Country Director.
Responsibilities – People (HR) and Company Culture
- Report on performance of the microgrid operations team
- Manage the micro grid operations team, and assist in development of team members (Set objectives and conduct performance reviews)
- Ensure the safe and cost effective management of our fleet and the health and safety of our site officers.
- Promote a culture of openness and collaboration where all team members are able to contribute equally
- Ensure equality by acting appropriately in all business transactions including gender, age and race equality
- Maintain a learning environment through continuous feedback loops and lessons learned activities.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- At least 3+ years’ experience managing a team in a fast-growing environment
- Technical knowledge in renewable energy is an added advantage.
- Tanzanian national or resident.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- A target driven and highly motivated individual.
- Customer care skills.
- People management skills.
- A team player.
- Flexibility to put in work where and when necessary.
This position will place you within an international team of highly motivated and driven individuals, eager to change the way power is provided to rural communities.
Each team member is given the platform to develop on an individual basis and never stop learning. You are able to hone your already excellent skills and develop new ones, allowing you to grow with the company.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
(Tanzanian Nationals Only)
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2599”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2599 Barack Obama, +2557xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 13th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.