Goal Advisory Advertisement for NHIF Senior Appointments
Our client, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF),is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage.
The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
NHIF is currently implementing a new organization structure and seeks to recruit a result oriented individual with vision and creativity to fill the following Senior Position:
Reporting to the Board, the Corporation Secretary will provide company secretarial services and legal counsel to the Board of Management and ensure a facilitative legal and regulatory framework for the Fund to effectively execute its mandate and mission.
- Provide guidance to the NHIF Board and Board Members individually on their duties, responsibilities and on matters of governance;
- Provide Secretarial Services to ensure that the Board’s work-plan is prepared and adhered to, Board and Committees papers are circulated in advance of meetings, a record of attendance at meetings is kept and Board decisions are implemented;
- Act as custodian of NHIF’s legal documents including the register, seal, title deeds, leases and contracts;
- Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan, develop and administer the department’s work plan and budget;
- Review NHIF’s legal and regulatory framework to ensure compliance, removal of impediments and security of members’ contributions;
- Oversee the negotiations of commercial transactions including but not limited to license agreements, confidentiality agreements, content distribution agreements and vendor agreements;
- Take the necessary action to protect NHIF rights, privileges and interests in intellectual property and other product innovations and processes through patents and copyrights;
- Ensure the Fund complies with statutory requirements including filing annual returns and renewal of licences;
- Ensure proper management of the pension scheme and the provident fund;
- Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for staff in the division in line with the strategic plan;
- Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
- Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary;
- Prepare and present performance reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) or other relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Master’s degree in Law (LLM), Business Administration or other relevant field.
- Diploma in Legal Practise from the Council of Legal Education.
- Certified Public Secretary ((CPS (K)).
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya.
- At least nine (9) years’ experience in legal or secretarial work with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and Competencies:
- IT proficiency.
- Analytical skills.
- Project management.
- Conversant with the Kenya Law.
- Management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
- Decision making.
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility in a demanding and fast changing environment.
- Excellent relationship management, negotiation and networking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic orientation.
If your background and competencies match the specifications for this position, please write in confidence, quoting the position reference in your application letter and attach your curriculum vitae that contain details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addresses of three referees.