Goal Advisory Advertisement for NHIF Senior Appointments
Our client, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF),is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage.
The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
NHIF is currently implementing a new organization structure and seeks to recruit a result oriented individual with vision and creativity to fill the following Senior Position:
Deputy Director, Quality Assurance and Contracting
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Quality Assurance, the Deputy Director, Quality Assurance and Contracting will ensure quality services to members and contracting of quality healthcare providers.
- Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the division’s work plan and budget;
- Develop technical specifications for the assessment, and contracting of health facilities/providers across the country;
- Provide technical advice on disease patterns and trends and issues pertaining to healthcare to the Director of Operations and Quality Assurance;
- Prepare draft board management papers for approval;
- Develop and implement strategies and programmes for enhancing increased accessibility of NHIF members and their declared to healthcare facilities;
- Develop and implement policies and strategies on clinical audits, business process re-engineering and Health Management Information System to enhance service standards, resource productivity and NHIF profile;
- Implement the international disease code in the operating ICT systems;
- Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for staff in the division in line with the strategic plan;
- Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
- Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary;
- Prepare and present performance reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or other relevant clinical or health related field.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or other related field.
- Membership to a relevant and Government recognized medical body.
- Be conversant with principles of social health insurance.
- Be proficient in windows based computer applications.
- At least nine (9) years’ experience in Quality management with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Conversant with the International Quality Standards in healthcare and insurance fund management.
- Analytical thinking and strong data analysis skills.
- Project management
- Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
- Management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
- Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility in a demanding and fast changing environment.
- Excellent relationship management, negotiation and networking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If your background and competencies match the specifications for this position, please write in confidence, quoting the position reference in your application letter and attach your curriculum vitae that contain details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addresses of three referees.