Goal Advisory Advertisement for NHIF Senior Appointments
Our client, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF),is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage.
The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
NHIF is currently implementing a new organization structure and seeks to recruit a result oriented individual with vision and creativity to fill the following Senior Position:
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Manager, Administration will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and managing all property, administration and security services in the Fund.
- Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the division’s work plan and budget;
- Develop and administer a maintenance and repair programme of NHIF property, motor vehicles, equipment, machinery and physical infrastructure based on approved contracts, requisitions and job cards to ensure highest workmanship and value for money;
- Develop and monitor security policies and systems to protect facilities, installations, equipment, machinery and property against theft, fire, equipment malfunctions and vandalism, unauthorized and illegal entry and submit reports on irregularities or unusual occurrences;
- Develop and monitor guidelines on health, safety and security aimed at protecting staff from accidents and hazards and ensuring compliance with established regulations;
- Establish and continuously review policies, systems and operating/performance standards for transport and logistics services for optimum efficiency and costs;
- Liaise with contracted property managing agents to ensure that all available space is let and rent paid as well as negotiating offers for the lease/renewal of office space for Branch offices;
- Supervise office services manly mail collection and delivery, front office reception service, office security as well as ablution and refreshments facilities;
- Develop and administer the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) and Management Information System for monitoring, tracking and controlling document movement as well as operating costs in property management, administration and security;
- Assess potential risks associated with staff, tools, equipment, machinery and motor vehicles and facilitate negotiations on appropriate insurance cover and compensation claims against the Fund that may arise from accidents, property damage, loss or liability;
- Maintain up to date inventory of equipment including motor vehicle transport pool;
- Act as member of the Management Tender Committee;
- Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for staff in the division in line with the strategic plan;
- Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline and team spirit and effective succession planning;
- Participate in meetings of Stakeholders, Management and Board as necessary;
- Prepare and present performance reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management or other relevant field.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant field.
- Be a registered member of the relevant profession body.
- At least six (6) years’ work experience with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and competencies:
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Capacity building and coaching skills.
- Public speaking & PR skills.
- Computer/ICT skills.
- Team building and motivational skills.
- Human relations, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
- Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility in a demanding and fast changing environment.
- Excellent relationship management, negotiation and networking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If your background and competencies match the specifications for this position, please write in confidence, quoting the position reference in your application letter and attach your curriculum vitae that contain details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addresses of three referees.