Goal Advisory Advertisement for NHIF Senior Appointments
Our client, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF),is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage.
The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
NHIF is currently implementing a new organization structure and seeks to recruit a result oriented individual with vision and creativity to fill the following Senior Position:
Manager, Business Systems
Reporting to the Deputy Director / Head of ICT, the Manager, Business Systems will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and upgrading IT systems to support NHIF’s business operations and processes in consultation with users.
- Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the section’s work plan and budget;
- Conduct analysis of user requirements, develop and maintain systems including web based applications to support business operations and processes:
- Integrate existing and newly designed systems and assess the specific access levels required for applications;
- Conduct the translation and documentation of user requirements into system specifications to inform system review and upgrade;
- Collaborate with developers in undertaking static and dynamic testing of new or enhanced systems;
- Determine and document NHIF User procedures to inform training requirements;
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide high level support and troubleshooting of systems;
- Manage the relationship between NHIF Users and Third Party application development and programming Consultants;
- Facilitate selection and implementation of database systems;
- Facilitate Backups and Disaster recovery services to ensure systems availability and business continuity;
- Participate in the creation of system design and functional specifications for all new projects;
- Generate and submit system reports to Deputy Director/Head of ICT;
- Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for the Business Systems team in line with the strategic plan;
- Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
- Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary;
- Prepare and present performance reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Systems, IT or other related field.
- MCSE, IC3, MCSD, MCCP, ITIL and/or CISA, VMware, NETAP infrastructure Oracle, SQL.
- Experience in Microsoft. NET, Visual Basic and HTML.
- At least six (6) years’ experience with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of windows, servers and desktop products.
- Knowledge in setting up Strong Object Oriented and NET Framework.
- Project management skills
- Conversant with ERP, ICT infrastructure systems.
- Analytical/creative mind and strong data analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
- Management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
- Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If your background and competencies match the specifications for this position, please write in confidence, quoting the position reference in your application letter and attach your curriculum vitae that contain details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addresses of three referees.