Goal Advisory Advertisement for NHIF Senior Appointments
Our client, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF),is a state corporation mandated to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance through effective and efficient utilization of resources in order to achieve universal health coverage.
The Fund’s vision is to be a world class social health insurance scheme.
NHIF is currently implementing a new organization structure and seeks to recruit a result oriented individual with vision and creativity to fill the following Senior Position:
Manager, Quality Assurance
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Quality Assurance and Contracting, the Manager, Quality Assurance will assume responsibility for the management of the quality assurance process in all accredited healthcare facilities.
- Participate in the formulation of the Fund’s strategic plan and policies, develop and administer the section’s work plan and budget;
- Initiate the review of the NHIF Act and advise on necessary amendments to improve quality of healthcare and member access to accredited healthcare facilities;
- Conduct regular surveillance of the quality assurance process in all accredited healthcare facilities to ensure adherence to established specifications and norms;
- Review, develop and improve clinical survey systems, procedures and tools;
- Monitor and evaluate the efficacy of Health Management Information System and advise on improvements to produce real-time and reliable data and information to support NHIF decisions;
- Implement the international disease code in the operating ICT systems;
- Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets for staff in the division in line with the strategic plan;
- Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit and effective succession planning;
- Participate in meetings of Stakeholders and Management as necessary;
- Prepare and present performance reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or other clinical related field.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or other related field.
- Diploma in Insurance/Quality Management/Quality Assurance or other related field.
- Membership to the relevant professional body
- At least six (6) years’ experience in Quality management with three (3) years at managerial level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Conversant with the International Quality Standards in healthcare and insurance fund management.
- Analytical/creative mind and strong data analysis skills.
- Project management.
- Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
- Management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through team work.
- Decision making ability to drive change and innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Customer care skills.
If your background and competencies match the specifications for this position, please write in confidence, quoting the position reference in your application letter and attach your curriculum vitae that contain details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addresses of three referees.